Sunday, September 27, 2009

Collective Gasp and then Sigh of Relief

I nearly cried yesterday. I gasped. Tim Tebow was on the ground in a position that has meant life altering injuries for too many football players before yesterday. For a split second I realized that I’m not such a bad person. I didn’t think about our football team; I thought about how something so bad could happen to one of the best people on the planet today. Tim Tebow’s future life flashed before my eyes. That should tell you how much he has become a part of our lives in the Gator Nation. I saw him overcoming paralysis to live a fruitful life despite a handicap. I saw him turning it into a positive. I saw him somehow becoming even more legendary for what he could achieve and how he could inspire. And then he sat up. Tim Tebow is okay and that is all we should care about.
Still as a would-be comedic writer, I stepped out of that moment and became a lesser person all too soon. I thought about all of the ways I could spin this in a funny way. After all the Teebs was okay. By the way, Charlie Strong stepped in for Urban Meyer this week on Florida Football with Urban Meyer and he kept calling him “Teebs.” I love it. So what I came up with was "Tim Tebow doesn’t wear Christopher Reeve’s pajamas." I'm a terrible person, I know. However it is what I thought. Tebow is always compared to Superman and when he was lying on the ground this is the thought that came to mind. Had he been seriously injured, the sorrowful irony would have been apparent. But this has me thinking, I love the whole Superman wears Tim Tebow pajamas joke. What type of pajamas are the rest of the Gators and other important figures in sports wearing. Lets find out.
Lane Kiffin wears Ian Ziering pajamas.

Ian, those are some big DB PJs to fill.


Charlie Weiss wears Lane Bryant pajamas.
Debo from the movie Friday wears Charlie Strong pajamas.


The Predator wears Brandon Spikes pajamas.
Tim Brando wears LSU pajamas.
Zac Efron wears Riley Cooper Pajamas. Recycled joke but it still works.
Jimbo Fisher is waiting to wear Bobby Bowden’s pajamas.
Joke’s on Jimbo because Bobby sleeps in the nude. Take that mental picture and save it for a rainy day.
Ron Zook was wearing oversized pajamas but he took them to a tailor and got that corrected.
Urban Meyer wears Notre Dame pajamas whenever he wants a bigger contract from Florida.
Cade Holliday wears Rudy pajamas.
Mike Pouncey wears Maurkice’s pajamas when the laundry gets mixed up. LOL! It’s like a sitcom waiting to happen right after Tyler Perry’s Meet the Browns.

See the Pouncey's Thursday Nights at 10 on TBS. Very Funny.


FSU wears USF pajamas. Burn! Believe me, Thursday’s blog will be almost all about your game against USF. By the way, I think I’m only going to speak to FSU in first person from here on out.

Mike Bianchi wears Dan Lebatard pajamas.
Brett Favre wears Wranglers to bed, period. No need to be indecisive about that. The man likes quality at a good price.


UGA fans might think Brett is a Gator judging by those jean shorts.



Drew Weatherford wears the negligee of a scorned lover.
Michael Vick wears Underdog pajamas but was getting used to the government issued variety.
Jamar Hornsby wears pajamas purchased with a stolen credit card.
Sam Bradford wears a nice set of buckskin pajamas, cowhide moccasins and a traditional ceremonial headdress.
Christian Ponder is now getting used to the idea of wearing Chris Rix pajamas.
John Brantley wears Brutus pajamas because deep down he wants to be the starter against LSU.

Et tu, Brantley?


Ole Miss wears Gucci Pajamas. I know the idea sounds nice but believe me, they are way overrated.

That is all for now. I wanted to rush out the Tebow blog. I’ll have one up Thursday recapping the Kentucky game and hopefully have a take on Tebow’s updated status. Oh and FSU, you lost to USF, just thought I’d remind you of that little tidbit of information.

If you have any questions, comments, or hate mail, please email me at VoiceoftheGators@gmail.com. I want to get a fan mail segment going so please drop a line.
Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/Voiceofthegator
You’ll get an update every time a new blog is up or when FSU can actually beat a team from the state of Florida. Until next time, go Gators!

The Voice of the Gators

No comments:

Post a Comment